Spire Development is an integrated development and construction company that provides a comprehensive package of real estate services from in-house marketing to design and related development services to construction. We work with the commercial, industrial, and multi-family residential sectors and pride ourselves on being a “one-stop shop” for our clients, taking care of all aspects of their projects. We are passionate about helping our clients realize their dreams and creating a lasting legacy in our community.
Our success stems from our competitive drive and a deep-seated desire to build and help our clients realize their dream. For this we maintain the highest of ethical business practices and standards and keep track of every detail.
We are looking specifically for an individual who can lead our multi-family residential projects. Our newest project is a 95 unit Passive House apartment building in Vancouver. We are currently in the design stage, so this is a great opportunity to be involved from start to finish. Candidates for this position must have prior experience leading a multi-family project. Opportunities to work on a variety of other projects will also be available.
From a top level, you will be coordinating the design and development of multiple construction projects from conception to completion. Prepare and establish project plans, manage and control implementation processes, execute change orders, prepare project documentation, and evaluate and report progress from bid to close-out for multiple commercial construction projects.
- Working with the COO on upcoming projects;
- Working with the Site Superintendent with the coordination and administration of the job site daily;
- Works directly with project team members, suppliers and contractors to define project requirements and scopes of work, and requests for proposal and bid submittals;
- Solicits, evaluates, and produces accurate quotes, bids, and tenders; concludes arrangements for goods, materials, and services;
- Conducts contract reviews to ensure completeness and inclusion of required terms and conditions and necessary revisions;
To be a top candidate, you will have a combination of the following:
- Prior experience leading multi-family residential projects
- Min post-Secondary Education Technical Diploma
- Working knowledge of construction drawings, documents and specifications
- 5+ years of Project Management either in construction, or engineering
- Understand method of contract negotiation, bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting
- Manage the purchase of construction materials (researching, quoting, ordering, and tracking of delivery)
- Strong written and spoken English
- Maintains a professional attitude and appears when representing the Company
- Excellent organizational skills and have the ability to time manage and meet multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Willingness to work on negotiation skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task and use sound judgment to prioritize activities
- Flexibility and the ability to work in an unstructured environment is ideal
- Is technologically advanced, Microsoft Office application i.e. Project, Excel, Word & Outlook
- Ability to monitor and review issued for permit and issued-for-pricing drawings
- Knowledge of Spectrum and Procore software is an asset
- We offer an exceptional work environment where you have great independence in your job, provided you get the job done
- We are practical, down-to-earth and non-bureaucratic. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, nimble environment, where your ideas are listened to, this is the job for you
- Only client-focused, entrepreneurial-minded professionals need to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today