As an Estimator working in our construction department, you will work closely with our clients and provide a range of pre-construction services throughout the design and estimate phase. As an estimator at Spire Development you will be required to be knowledgeable in different types of construction and able to analyze items from multiple perspectives. As a member of the construction department your ability to work cohesively with your team and the development department is an asset.
Spire Development is actively involved in projects for commercial, light industrial, and multi-family construction up to $70 million.
Lead – Lead by example; Don’t be a passenger
Do Whatever it Takes – Achieve milestones using the company’s resources
Honour Relationships – Client / Co-workers / Trades / Self / Family
- Minimum post-Secondary Education Technical Diploma.
- Professional Quantity Surveyor Designation or Gold Seal in Estimating is preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction drawings, documents and specifications.
- 5+ years of estimating in construction.
- Multi-family, commercial, and light industrial construction experience is preferred. Spire is actively working on development projects involving all building types.
- Experience in estimating projects up to $70 million is an asset.
Technical Skills & Responsibilities
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Suite (Office, Excel, Project, & Outlook), take-off software, and estimating software.
- Knowledge Bluebeam, Spectrum, and Procore software is an asset.
- Proven ability to prepare accurate, well organized, and detailed Class A, B, C, and D estimates for cost plus, construction management, and design build projects.
- Proven ability to prepare accurate, well organized, and detailed fixed price (Hard bid) projects.
- Understand scope of work to bid and perform detailed quantity take-off.
- Identify risk issues/ cost saving opportunities and their order of magnitude.
- Continual database & resource management.
- Prepares Scopes of Work for subcontractors and suppliers for the purpose of directing estimates and preparing contracts.
- Strong ability and willingness to manage elements of Pre-Construction & Construction responsibilities.
- Ability to create and maintain an accurate estimating database based on historical company data and the various other data base information available in the industry.
- A high aptitude in understanding estimating technology/estimating software and the ability identify opportunities to maximize the efficiency of the estimating process.
- Capable of managing a construction project.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains a professional attitude and appearance when representing the Company.
- Excellent organizational skills; have the ability to time manage and meet multiple tasks in an organized fashion.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- A passion for estimating operations excellence and service delivery.
- Attention to detail.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Newly renovated head office in Delta with large employee lounge.
- Team building events occurring regularly.
- We offer an exceptional work environment where you have great independence in your job, provided you get the job done
- We are practical, down-to-earth and non-bureaucratic. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, nimble environment, where your ideas are listened to, this is the job for you
- Only client-focused, entrepreneurial-minded professionals need to apply