Spire Development is an integrated development and construction company that provides a comprehensive package of real estate services from in-house marketing to design and related development services to construction. We work with the commercial, industrial, and multi-family residential sectors and pride ourselves on being a “one-stop shop” for our clients, taking care of all aspects of their projects. We are passionate about helping our clients realize their dreams and creating a lasting legacy in our community.
Spire Development has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Accountant in our Delta office. The Intermediate Accountant reports to Controller, and is responsible for Accounts Payable, bank reconciliation, GST filing, payroll, and other accounting related duties as assigned.
- Supporting the Development Group including preparation of development proposals, correspondence with clients, maintenance of project files
- Reviewing and recording payable invoices
- Preparing and issuing cheques
- Reconciling bank and Visa
- Preparing and filing GST returns
- Processing bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salary employees
- Assisting in month end and year end financial statements preparation
- Other accounting related duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years full cycle accounting experience
- Diploma in Accounting or Finance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel)
- High level of accuracy and exceptional attention to detail
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Job costing and construction industry experience is an asset
- Property Management accounting experience is an asset
- Knowledge of Spectrum and Procore software is an asset
- Competitive salary and benefits package based on experience
- Friendly and professional working environment
- Employee continuing professional development support
Please provide your salary expectation with your resume.
If this sounds like you, apply today