Spire Development is an integrated development and construction company that provides a comprehensive package of real estate services from in-house marketing to design and related development services to construction. We work with the office, retail and industrial sectors and pride ourselves on being a “one-stop shop” for our clients, taking care of all aspects of their projects. We are passionate about helping our clients realize their dreams and creating a lasting legacy in our community.
Our success stems from our competitive drive and a deep-seated desire to build and in helping our clients realize their dream. For this we maintain the highest of ethical business practices and standards and keep track of every detail.
We are excited to hire for this permanent full time career position as a Construction Site Superintendent – you will make a direct impact on our business.
Reporting to the Project Manager and Director of Construction, this is a dynamic position that includes site management and project oversight to ensure our projects are done on time and on budget.
- Assist in the preparation of the project schedule.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
- Review and provide input and site manage the general conditions budget.
- Assemble the job site office and equipment requirements.
- Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with design team/client as well as effectively lead the trades.
- Contact, schedule and coordinate all subcontractors, suppliers and utilities.
- Monitor, maintain, and provide feedback to project manager on project construction schedule on a weekly basis.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings.
- Inform the Project Manager of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the Consultant’s design drawings.
- Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of WorkSafe BC and the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Coordinate and direct independent testing and inspections as required.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Control and monitor labour, material and equipment expenses.
- Coordinate all required municipal inspections.
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists.
- Maintain a neat and tidy site office, first aid facility and meeting room.
- Run and report on weekly sub trade meeting
To be a top candidate, you will have a combination of the following:
- A combination of industrial, commercial, mixed use is ideal
- Experience with tilt concrete, pre-eng structural steel, and carpentry experience is ideal
- Understanding of applicable health & safety and construction-related legislation
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to lead others and thrive in a team environment
- Proficient with email, MS Excel, MS Word
- Procore is an asset
- Proficiency reading blueprints
- Assist in recruiting and hiring construction staff
- Provide strong and positive team membership
- Ensure high standards of ethics, integrity and safety all times
- We offer an exceptional work environment where you have great independence in your job
- High growth environment based on quality and reputation
- Work directly with the ownership as head office right here in BC, meaning you truly impact the business vs. a branch office feel
- We are practical, down-to-earth and non-bureaucratic – if you enjoy working in a dynamic, nimble environment, where your ideas are listened to, this is the job for you
- Only client-focused, entrepreneurial-minded professionals need to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today